By Michael Lynch
Give your scholars the simplest likelihood of good fortune with this attempted and verified sequence, combining in-depth research, enticing narrative and accessibility. entry to heritage is the most well-liked, relied on and wide-ranging sequence for A-level background students.
- helps the content material and review specifications of the 2015 A-level historical past specifications
- comprises authoritative and interesting content
- comprises thought-provoking key debates that learn the opposing perspectives and methods of historians
- offers exam-style questions and suggestions for every appropriate specification to assist scholars know how to use what they've got learnt
This identify is appropriate for numerous classes including:
- AQA: The Making of contemporary Britain, 1951-2007
- OCR: Britain 1930-1997
Read Online or Download Access to History: Britain 1951-2007 Second Edition PDF
Best uk history books
Honoring the reminiscence of Professor Alan Everittwho complex the fruitful proposal of the "county group" throughout the seventeenth centurythis quantity proposes a few adjustments to Everitt’s influential hypotheses within the mild of the simplest contemporary scholarship. With a big reevaluation of political engagement in civil battle Kent and an overview of diverse midland and southern counties in addition to Wales, this list evaluates the intense impression of Everitt’s publication and the controversy it provoked.
This publication strains a few universal topics when it comes to the illustration of Irish guests in Irish renowned culture and the way those topics have impacted on Ireland's collective mind's eye. a specific concentration of the booklet is at the exploration of the traveler as 'Other', an 'Other' who's perceived as either in and out Ireland's collective ideation.
Provide your scholars the easiest probability of luck with this attempted and validated sequence, combining in-depth research, attractive narrative and accessibility. entry to historical past is the most well-liked, depended on and wide-ranging sequence for A-level heritage scholars. This title:- helps the content material and evaluation standards of the 2015 A-level heritage requisites- includes authoritative and interesting content material- comprises thought-provoking key debates that research the opposing perspectives and methods of historians- presents exam-style questions and tips for every proper specification to assist scholars know the way to use what they've got learntThis name is acceptable for a number of classes including:- AQA: The Making of recent Britain, 1951-2007- OCR: Britain 1930-1997
Henry III (1207-72) reigned for fifty six years, the longest-serving English monarch until eventually the trendy period. well known for his construction tasks like Westminster Abbey, he's however brushed aside via students as susceptible and inept, at the very least in comparison to his father King John and son Edward I. This biography alterations that notion and indicates that he was once in reality a greater than able ruler.
- An Affluent Society?: Britain's Post-War 'Golden Age' Revisited (Modern Economic and Social History)
- The British Industrial Revolution in Global Perspective (New Approaches to Economic and Social History)
- Britain and Ballistic Missile Defence, 1942-2002 (Strategy and History)
- Tales from the Big House: Normanby Hall: 400 years of its history and people
- Institutionalizing the Insane in Nineteenth-Century England (Studies for the Society for the Social History of Medicine)
Extra info for Access to History: Britain 1951-2007 Second Edition
Access to History: Britain 1951-2007 Second Edition by Michael Lynch