By Antonio S.T. Pires
Read or Download AdS/CFT Correspondence in Condensed Matter (IOP Concise Physics) PDF
Similar solid-state physics books
The outline of solids at a microscopic point is advanced, concerning the interplay of an enormous variety of its ingredients, corresponding to ions or electrons. it truly is most unlikely to unravel the corresponding many-body difficulties analytically or numerically, even supposing a lot perception will be received from the research of simplified versions.
The normal (Markovian) delivery version according to the Boltzmann equation can't describe a few non-equilibrium approaches referred to as anomalous that occur in lots of disordered solids. explanations of anomality lie in non-uniformly scaled (fractal) spatial heterogeneities, within which particle trajectories take cluster shape.
Nanoscale units vary from higher microscale units simply because they rely on the actual phenomena and results which are valuable to their operation. This textbook illuminates the habit of nanoscale units by means of connecting them to the digital, in addition to magnetic, optical and mechanical homes, which essentially impact nanoscale units in attention-grabbing methods.
This thesis provides a theoretical research of the habit of glasses less than exterior perturbations, i. e. compression and shear straining. Written in a pedagogical sort, it explains each side of the matter intimately, together with many an important steps that can't be present in the present literature—making it really important for college kids and as an advent to the topic of glassy physics.
- Carbon-based Superconductors: Towards High-Tc Superconductivity
- Isotope Effects in Solid State Physics: 68 (Semiconductors and Semimetals)
- Werkstoffkunde für Ingenieure: Grundlagen, Anwendung, Prüfung (Springer-Lehrbuch) (German Edition)
- Atomic Mechanics of Solids (Mechanics and Physics of Discrete Systems)
- Micromechanisms of Friction and Wear: Introduction to Relativistic Tribology (Springer Series in Materials Science)
- Spintronic Materials and Technology (Series in Materials Science and Engineering)
Additional info for AdS/CFT Correspondence in Condensed Matter (IOP Concise Physics)
AdS/CFT Correspondence in Condensed Matter (IOP Concise Physics) by Antonio S.T. Pires