By Richard Ghez
Read or Download Diffusion Phenomena: Cases and Studies PDF
Similar solid-state physics books
The outline of solids at a microscopic point is complicated, related to the interplay of a tremendous variety of its materials, reminiscent of ions or electrons. it truly is most unlikely to unravel the corresponding many-body difficulties analytically or numerically, even supposing a lot perception might be received from the research of simplified types.
The traditional (Markovian) shipping version in accordance with the Boltzmann equation can't describe a few non-equilibrium techniques known as anomalous that ensue in lots of disordered solids. factors of anomality lie in non-uniformly scaled (fractal) spatial heterogeneities, during which particle trajectories take cluster shape.
Nanoscale units vary from higher microscale units simply because they rely on the actual phenomena and results which are primary to their operation. This textbook illuminates the habit of nanoscale units via connecting them to the digital, in addition to magnetic, optical and mechanical houses, which essentially impact nanoscale units in interesting methods.
This thesis offers a theoretical research of the habit of glasses below exterior perturbations, i. e. compression and shear straining. Written in a pedagogical sort, it explains each part of the matter intimately, together with many the most important steps that can not be present in the present literature—making it really worthwhile for college students and as an advent to the topic of glassy physics.
- Solitary Waves in Dispersive Complex Media: Theory, Simulation, Applications: 149 (Springer Series in Solid-State Sciences)
- The Mathematics of the Bose Gas and its Condensation: 34 (Oberwolfach Seminars)
- Laser Techniques for the Study of Electrode Processes (Monographs in Electrochemistry)
- Kinetics and Thermodynamics of Fast Particles in Solids
- Semiconductor Materials: An Introduction to Basic Principles (Microdevices)
- Polaritons in Periodic and Quasiperiodic Structures
Additional info for Diffusion Phenomena: Cases and Studies
Diffusion Phenomena: Cases and Studies by Richard Ghez